the action of delaying or postponing something.“your first tip is to avoid procrastination”
“Procrastination is the thief of all time” or something like that, well that is just about every bit as close to the truth as it comes for me.
It’s Friday afternoon and here I am at work mind you, crocheting and fidgeting with little Minnie Mouse heads as party favors for tomorrow’s party. I am overwhelmed and therefore I procrastinate. Thank heavens the party is only at 2pm tomorrow. They are going to be cute though, that much I can tell you.
I really do try to be more organised, I have lists and list and lists for lists sometimes but once that procrastination bug has hit it really does take me forever to get going. So in the spirit of all things “Procrastinating” I thought I would share some famous and not so famous quotes I found on the internet on a little site called quote garden about just that PROCRASTINATION….. just so that I could procrastinate some more before actually get finished with these things. My favourite one being # 3. I had no idea there were so many quotes and clichés about the topic. Enjoy!
- Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ~William James, letter to Carl Stumpf, 1886 January 1st
- Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. ~Don Marquis
- Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday. ~Author Unknown
- Folks who tell you, “Putting it off won’t make it any easier,” presume there’s a point where you plan to stop putting it off. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com
- Every duty which is bidden to wait returns with seven fresh duties at its back. ~Charles Kingsley
- The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up. ~Author Unknown
- If it weren’t for the last-minute, I wouldn’t get anything done. ~Author Unknown
- Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn’t the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
- There are a million ways to lose a work day, but not even a single way to get one back. ~Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister
- It is an undoubted truth, that the less one has to do, the less time one finds to do it in. ~Earl of Chesterfield
- The two rules of procrastination: 1) Do it today. 2) Tomorrow will be today tomorrow. ~Author Unknown
- One of the greatest labor-saving inventions of today is tomorrow. ~Vincent T. Foss
- You may delay, but time will not. ~Benjamin Franklin
- Someday is not a day of the week. ~Author Unknown
- To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing. ~Eva Young
- Don’t fool yourself that important things can be put off till tomorrow; they can be put off forever, or not at all. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
- Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. ~C. Northcote Parkinson, 1958
- Procrastination is opportunity’s assassin. ~Victor Kiam
- If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. ~Olin Miller
- What may be done at any time will be done at no time. ~Scottish Proverb
- There’s nothing to match curling up with a good book when there’s a repair job to be done around the house. ~Joe Ryan
- Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow. ~Gerald Vaughan
- The best way to get something done is to begin. ~Author Unknown
I also found this nifty little meme depicting the different stages of procrastination and I can identify in more ways than one.