Do you need new Kicks? Do you want to know what my top 5 sneaker picks are for Spring/Summer?
There are a few things in life that I am very serious about making investment purchases on, these being make-up, office wear and shoes and of course the ever faithful Sneaker. Yes, sometimes I will buy a pair of shoes if I like them and they weren’t too pricey, but for the most part I do believe that you get what you pay for. Such is my experience with running shoes/trainers/Sneakers/kicks, whatever you want to call them.
That brings me to today’s post. Being a mother of three, I very seldomly get to make these investment purchases for myself anymore because as my children get older, I seem to be spending more and more money on investment purchases for them and not me. I recently woke up to the fact that It’s time to go sneaker shopping to get me in my Spring/Summer footwear groove, and so today I am going to be trading in my Fantastic but tired Nike trainers, that I have loved diligently for the better part of 10 years! Yes, you did read that right. I said 10 years and that is because they are the bomb and I love them, maybe a little too much, but they need to retire ya’ll.
I am almost too embarrassed to show you, but as you can see, I am no longer kicking it in style with these babies
I am in that case, the first to agree that it is absolutely essential and time for an upgrade pair or perhaps two, but OMG, the choices since I last bought sneakers are unbeleivable and I just have not felt like trolling the stores to find a new pair because you know, time and all that.
It may be a little known fact to some of you, that I am at my most comfortable in a pair of Jeans, white T-shirt and some fabulously comfortable sneakers. Alas, I am office bound most days and I do have to make a point of wearing appropriate corporate clothing there, but it’s holidays soon and Mama needs a new pair of shoes.
Thankfully Superbalist suggested that I check out their amazing range of Nike Sneakers and Adidas Originals Sneakers and decide which my favorite five would be to take me right through Spring and into Summer. I thought this was a fantastic idea and so I headed off to their online store which makes shopping so much easier and less traumatic than actually going into a store and I spent a bit of time going through the wonderful selection of sneakers. Picking five was hard, i’m not going to lie and you may get a sense from my choices that I am a little infatuated with the gorgeous new colorways in ice-cream pastels that are available, but here they are in no particular order and why I love each one. Let me know what you think.
- W Juvenate from Nike in the color Siltstone red sail / red stardust . Claiming to be the thinnest of all Nike sneakers ever which makes it ideal for packing and carrying, while its simple colorway makes it look equally at home on the streets as on the track and in my opinion perfect for our warm summers. I love the pastel tone of this shoe and think it will be a very versatile addition to my wardrobe and it’s very affordable price makes it top of my list.
- The Air Max Thea from Nike in Black & Summit white, features a sleek, low-cut silhouette. It’s a running inspired twist on the original with a focus on minimalism without compromising on comfort. I love the whole range of colorways from the Air Max Thea range but chose this one because it is going to be the one that will work with just about anything in my predominantly sport luxe weekend wardrobe. It will work well with jeans, active wear and of course even a long flowy skirt.
- Superstar Adidas Originals in White & Metallic. Who doesn’t love a simple street style Sneaker with a little bling. As I said I would live in Jeans, Capri’s or shorts as well as soft long flowing skirts if I could. These simple original style sneakers would works so well with just about all of my Spring/Summer wardrobe. You can also never go wrong with a pair of white Sneakers and the touch of the Metallic Stripe just makes these a must for me.
- Superstar New FSH from Adidas Originals in Icey Pink/Off White are just the cutest pair of slide on sneakers I have seen. They are based on the original Superstars but have been given a new twist. So if you hate laces then these are a must for you. The color, well what is not to love about pink. I am such a girlie girl. These would be awesome for those Spring picnics and Summer walks with the family or grabbing a coffee and a bite to eat with the husband on a lazy summer Sunday morning. I am thinking that they would work perfectly with my Denim pencil skirt or my beige Capri’s. But come to think of it, they would be awesome with a longer skirt too. Love these.
- W Air max 90 Ultra 2.0 from Nike in Sunset Tint / Cool Grey. Are these not the prettiest Sneakers you have ever seen? Does this color not make you want to squeal with delight? it does that to me. Ok, maybe I am just weird like that. This design features a dual-density foam midsole, rubber lugs for traction and durability and as a unique addition, an extra window to the Max Air unit in the outsole offers another view into this legendary technology. I am planning on kitting out my holiday wardrobe with some new T-Shirt dresses and think these would be the perfect pair to wear with those.
I have got to tell you that I could have picked many more to show you and I have really been trying to narrow things down and decide just which I will be buying, but it’s tough. I can’t wait to put my new kicks on and feel ready up my spring/Summer wardrobe looks. Let me know in the comments section on what you think of my sneaker picks.
Well, that’s not all folks. If you would like to get R250 off of your purchases at Superbalist, then all you have to do is download their mobile app and sign up for their first time buyers promo. You can get the App on Android and iOS. Now isn’t that is a bargain? Now there is simply no excuse to go and get yourself a new pair of kicks, now is there?
Beofre you go, have you been to my Facebook page yet? You will always find me there and it’s a great place to connect with my readers. I’d love to see you there. If you would like to get into contact with me with any suggestions or ideas that you would like to see on the blog then please contact me. I love to hear from my readers.
P.S. I was not remunerated for writing this post, however Superbalist has made a purchase voucher available to me for their website. I am a long time and regular client of Superbalist and love what they have to offer and so my post is just a summary of the cool things I love and think you may enjoy.